April 12, 2012

Yellow Splash

Back in February 2011, I wrote this little post about adding yellow to our newly gray 1/2 bath. Well, guess what? I'm just now getting around to following through on that thought. I know, I know. I'm on the slow train when it comes to the finishing details of decorating. But at least this is a start.


I actually added the picture frame (from Pier 1) a while back. It has a picture of my cousin, Caroline, in it. She has on yellow accessories that match beautifully. Every time I use the restroom and see the picture, I think to pray for Caroline. I guess you could call them potty prayers. Is that creepy? Put family photos in your bathroom. It's good prayer time.


P.S. The picture was taken by my brother who is a professional photographer (clearly I need to get some tips from him).

The frame hung by itself until a couple weeks ago when I bought 2 yellow plates at Crate & Barrel for just a few bucks each. Yes, yes, I have a thing for dishes and I can't stop buying them and I'm seeking counseling on it already... blah, blah, blah...


I actually like the irregular shape of them. It's a little different than most of the other plates I own. Makes them unique.

And I like the round plates next to the square frame. Variety of shapes is a good thing!


Now I have to decorate the wall space on the opposite side of the room. I already have a floating shelf bought for it and a few accessories. I just need to get 'er done. And I need my husband to hang the shelf for me (he's good like that). And I plan to add a touch of yellow in whatever window treatments I purchase/make.

But what do you think of the gray and yellow theme? It's a year later and I'm still digging it!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.