October 26, 2011

Mums the Word

I love fall. I love fall colors. I love fall beauty. I love to infuse it throughout the inside and outside of the house. It makes me smile.

I was at Stein’s the other day and saw they had mums and pumpkins for sale and I just couldn’t resist the temptation to buy a few. I wanted to add some festiveness to the front stoop of the house. So, I thought that might be the perfect place to set them.

 

The pumpkins were on sale: 3 for $9.99.  There were mums in all kinds of colors, but I wanted the pumpkin colored ones. I bought the 2 gallon size, which were on sale: 3 for $19.99. We’ll be able to plant them around the house and enjoy them for seasons to come.

 

I love the variety of orange colors in the flowers. The center is almost red and then the oranges lighten as they go out to the petals. Perfect.

Adds a great pop of color to the front of the house, no?

 

And speaking of mums, the little ones we planted a few weeks back have grown and bloomed. They appear to be daisy mums – with yellow centers and white petals. Me likey.

 

The boxwoods in between the mums are still pretty puny, but they’ll grow eventually. Hopefully, by this time next year, the east side of the house will be filled in with the growth of the plants. Then we can do even more planting around them. Yippee!

 

Anyone else decorating for fall? Carving pumpkins? Loving mums like us? Surely we aren’t the only ones…

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.