July 11, 2011

Mawage

"Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday."

At least, that's how it was for Joey and me yesterday because it was our 7 year anniversary! Cah-razy! AND 10 years since we started dating! That's 1 decade we've been "together". Again cah-razy!

And yes, that was a Princess Bride reference at the beginning because #1: We LOVE the movie and have most of it memorized. And #2: I felt like a princess bride on my wedding day. So, it's fitting. And #3: we used to talk to each other in Westley-Buttercup love language. Like this...

Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?


Now in 10 more years, we may sound more like Inigo's and the Man in Black's convo:

Inigo Montoya: I donna suppose you could speed things up?
Man in Black: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
Man in Black: That does put a damper on our relationship.

We'll see what 10 years brings...

In the meantime, we're enjoying each other in the here and now. Joey and I did go out for a lovely steak dinner last night in downtown Milwaukee. A place we've never been before called "Milwaukee Chophouse".


It was in a lovely area that had granite "curbs" surrounding the flower beds.


We had 18oz bone-in ribeye steaks (the house special), and it was delish! Best steak ever. And it was served with 4-cheese-loaded-twice-baked potatoes. Oh, yes we did! In case you were wondering, this was not a low-fat meal. But it was worth not eating food most of the day to save up an appetite for this...


Oh, and the ciabatta bread was served with 3 kinds of butter and olive oil in this beautiful dish (that tempted me to steal find a duplicate to buy).


It was a romantic evening, but it won't end there. We do have some additional anniversary celebration plans scheduled in a couple weeks for downtown Chicago. So, I'll bring the details of that once they unfold. In the meantime, we're still in love and hoping for 77 more years together!



And 1 more thing... TODAY is Wedding Anniversary #2 for my sister and brother-in-law. So, congrats to them too! Although, I think we're celebrating their 1-week old little one as much as we are their marriage. How can you not adore this baby? There is much love in the family this week. *Sigh*



And as a random closing note, relating again to the Princess Bride, I found this on Pinterest. It was an instant "Like", and I may copy as a joke someday. Maybe...

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.