June 7, 2011

My Newest Pinterest Additions

Just thought I'd share with you a few additions to my Pinterest boards! I still love Pinterest with a passion!

First, here are 2 laundry room photos I love.

In this first picture, I adore the pale blue cabinets and dark brown hardwood floors. I hope I have the guts to paint my future-laundry-room-cabinets a color (other than white) someday. The little space is very simple and classic.


In the second picture, this tiny laundry room got a bit of country/cottage flare with the burlap panels that can be pulled closed to hide the washer/dryer. Again simple yet creative. I also like the schoolhouse light fixture on the ceiling.


Next, here are 2 DIY Art ideas I pinned.

The first is from The Lettered Cottage (as printed on the photo). Layla did a great job of DIY-ing some word art using some fill-it strips, stain, and paint. It's a great copy of a Pottery Barn version that Layla saw on PB's website. I love the rustic charm of the wood and the personalization of the statements. (see the full DIY tutorial HERE)


The second DIY art idea came from Maillardville Manor. She took vinyl wall decals (which I've seen sold at Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Hobby Lobby etc) and framed them rather then applying them directly on the wall. I think framing them makes a bigger statement and is more versatile.



Lastly, here are 2 exterior house photos that I loved.

The first photo was especially inspiring to me. A while back, I blogged about painting our exterior doors and questioned which color to paint them given the brown brick exterior of our house. I've been in a quandary since then, and I'm still undecided. But this photo, with the brown cedar shake (similar color to our brown brick), makes that red door look fabulous. Maybe the color red is moving up the color-priority-list?!


This last photo made me dream (again) about painting our brown brick gray, and then going with aqua blue accent colors. Joey still nixes that idea ever time I bring it up. But I love the color combo. Very chic!


{All pictures courtesy of Pinterest}




Haven't seen Pinterest? Check it out HERE!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.