March 25, 2011

Master Bedroom Curtain Options

I've been thinking, thinking, thinking about curtains for our Master Bedroom. I've looked at all kinds of options at standard places like Target, JCPenney, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Even stores like Lowe's have curtain options. I've found some curtains choices that I like, but nothing that I swoon over. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I might try to pick out some custom fabric and make my own curtain panels (*shock*).

Now, I don't own a sewing machine, and even if I owned one, I would have no idea how to use it. BUT I've seen bunches of tutorials on other blogs of how to make your own no-sew drapes! And I may try this option.

However, the first step is to actually pick out the fabric I want to use. This is tricky only in the sense that there are a million options to choose from when talking about custom choices. I've started by doing a little searching on the Joann Fabrics website. I found a few options I like. So, I thought I'd share 'em with ya and see what you think.

But before we get to that, here's a picture of our Master Bedroom windows with our newly installed matchstick blinds...


...but it just looks kind of sad with no curtain panels.

So, here are a few options I've selected (no commitment to any of them). You'll notice a color them of greens/blues/browns/tans. I'm previewing a large picture of the fabric plus a side-by-side picture of the room and fabric - just for helpful visualization.

Fabric 1


I love the variety of greens. I love the browns which will coordinate with the tan walls and brown blinds. I love paisley patterns.

My fear? The paisley pattern is too small and will appear "busy" when hung in large quantities.




Fabric 2



I love this particular blue in the background. I love the combo of blue, green, tan. I love the pattern.

My fear? Not versatile enough for decorating for different seasons. Is it too feminine?




Fabric 3


This is almost identical to Fabric 2, but with more muted tones and a creamy background instead of blue. I continue to love the fabric pattern and color combo.

My fear? Colors are too natural and won't stand out enough against the tan walls and don't coordinate well with the darker blinds.




Fabric 4


This is a pretty bold choice. I love all the colors. I think it will add a richness to the room.

My fear? I will get tired of it quickly. It's not versatile enough to coordinate with other fabrics I might use in bedding, pillows etc.




Fabric 5


I love stripes - gives a very clean-line appearance. Again, I like the blue/green/cream color combo.

My fear? It's too boring.




Fabric 6


I love, love, love this pattern. And the colors. And everything about it.

My fear? It doesn't fit the look of the room. Too traditional of a pattern maybe?




Fabric 7


Of course, I had to thrown in a bird-option. I love that the colors are simple - just green and white. The pattern would add some whimsy to the room.

My fear? Not the right color green. Not colorful enough.





Well, that's all (7) of them. I just don't know. After looking at them over and over, I think I'm most drawn to Fabric 1, 2, and 6. But I'm very much a see-it-in-person type of gal, and I think a trip to Joann Fabrics is in order this weekend. I gotta "feel it" if you know what I mean. Plus I can bring my handy paint swatches with me to color match better.

Which fabric choice would you pick if you were me? Shout out a number!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.