December 19, 2010

Ornament(s) of the Day: The Glass Lighthouse

Currently, I have 2 lighthouse ornaments. My love of lighthouses started in childhood during our family summer vacations when we would visit the Portland Headlight in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.

According to the ornament tag: Lighthouses are sources of inspiration and comfort. Sturdy structures with an ever-beaming light, lighthouses guide sailors to safety during dark skies and tempests. As beacons of light, they symbolize the Light of Christ, Jesus' love, and His guidance throughout the year and the holiday season.

This is a tiny lighthouse I like to hang on the tip of branch...



I love the little wreath hanging above the front door of this larger lighthouse...



...it has a back door too!



Even the sides of the lighthouse are full of details with 2 little windows on each side...



In addition to the lighthouses, I love this lantern, which I received last year at Christmas. So, it is a newer addition to my Old World Christmas collection.



John 8:12
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.