November 24, 2010

Window Shopping

This past weekend my mom and I went window shopping to look at all the purdy things that were set out for Thanksgiving and Christmas. There were so many decorative items that I loved and wished for, and I decided to take a few snapshots of some of my favorite items.

The sidewalks outside the stores were lined with all kinds of greenery to make the place look festive. I especially loved this beautiful fern with the little red berries.

Crate and Barrel had these beautiful candle holders. I liked the combination of wood and glass - keeps the balance between rustic and elegant.

Williams-Sonoma displayed Thanksgiving-themed dinnerware. Very lovely. But very expensive.

Most of our time was spent in PotteryBarn oooh-ing and aaaah-ing at both the Thanksgiving and Christmas decor.

I love this turkey gravy boat. The neutral colors would work with any color scheme you use for Thanksgiving table setting. I bet kids would love to dip gravy out of this boat. Pass the turkey, please!

These glass vases and canisters were displayed on many shelves in the store. Full of silver pine cones and red berries...

...and fake snow and branches. Notice the silver ornament also sitting on each shelf. It adds a sparkling touch.

I thought this platter was beautiful. I liked the blue and green and brown color combination. And you know my love of bird-related items...

Lastly, here is a table-scape I shot through the window (pardon the glare) in front of PotteryBarn. Everything on the table - pitchers, platters, plates, pottery, candles, napkins - were pleasing to the eye! And I love the brown wicker stars hanging above.

This day put me right into the Holiday mood. I can't wait to start Christmas decorating at the house. I did buy a few little things. But that's for another time. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.